Graphics, Print & Engraving Assistant
This is a part time, 12 month fixed term contract, based in Erskine, Scotland and working 12 hours per week
Salary: £6,177 per annum
Main Purpose of the Role:
To assist in the creation of graphics, printed products and engraved products to a high quality standard to meet customer specification.
To be trained in, and carry out associated tasks to the correct standard, whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
To be a team player, working closely with the supervisory team to meet the departmental targets, with a high attention to detail and a pride in their work.
Overview of the Role & Team:
Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Company is a social enterprise and a division of Royal British Legion Industries.
Our mission: To enable veterans and others with disabilities to regain their independence through personal development involving employment and skills.
The team comprising mostly of veterans or others with disability or who are disadvantaged, is overseen by the Operations Manager who holds overall responsibility for team performance. The jobholder will also have regular engagement with the training manager in order to develop their personal development plan and improve their CV to prepare for future employment beyond SBMC
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other team members ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times
- With appropriate on the job training, produce graphics, printed and engraved products within our factory to the appropriate specification ensuring that the correct materials are used
- Keep the work area clean, tidy and free from materials that are not required for the current or next job
- To assist with other tasks or activities within Manufacturing as requested by the relevant Supervisor, provided that appropriate training and guidance have been given
- Liaising with the management team to ensure the timely supply of all materials to meet production deadlines
- Raising any issues to improve SBMC in terms of Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction
- Engage in mandatory training sessions
- To comply with Quality Assurance requirements and recording procedures
- To liaise with supervision to ensure you have the correct equipment for the job
- Strong attention to detail
- Can-do attitude
- Willing to learn new skills
- Team player
- Self motivated with good team ethics
- To attend work on time each day, and to observe all applied rules and regulations
- Carry out tasks to the best of your ability, and to an agreed level of performance
- To work with colleagues in a professional, positive and supporting way
- To take direction and guidance from your line manager as required
- Working in a factory, potentially with dust, noise and mobile equipment
- To observe factory processes, guidelines and instructions, and become familiar with, and adhere to all Health and Safety requirements, and the Safeguarding policy
- You will need Personal Protection Equipment, such as safety boots and goggles, which will be provided by SBMC
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience with graphics programmes and the creation of printed and engraved products
- Confident with IT
- Interest/flair for creative and bespoke products
- Willingness to develop and engage in personal development programmes
- Fulfil our funded recruitment criteria of service veteran or service family member.
- Qualifications in digital print
- IT Qualifications
- Worked in similar role previously
- Experience of working with others with disabilities
- Willingness to acquire qualifications
Competitive holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like more information of how to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please visit https://rbli.co.uk/disability-confident/ for more information. Alternatively please call us on 01622 795917.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date