Supply & Dispatch Controller
This is a part time, 18 month fixed term contract based in Erskine, Scotland working 30 hours per week
Salary: £14,508 per annum
Main Purpose of the Job:
To be responsible for the receipt, dispatch and accounting of made products, raw materials, bought-in items and small stores.
Oversee the correct packaging and preparation of products prior to dispatch to the customer.
To be a team player, working closely with the supervisory team to meet the departmental targets, with a high attention to detail and a pride in their work. There will be a need to assist on other tasks to help get jobs completed on time.
To be trained in all appropriate processes and associated tasks to the correct standard.
Overview of the Role & Team:
Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Company is a social enterprise. SBMC produce signage for the road, rail and commercial markets as well as engineering products. Our goods are sold to customers large and small, right across Scotland. As our business has grown the need for a dedicated supply and dispatch controller has become essential.
This position is key in our operational team, with the main function being to maintain an accurate account of made items, stock holdings and dispatch details. The job is overseen by the Operations Manager, who holds overall responsibility for performance. The team itself is a diverse group of people, but with a common aim.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other team members and liaise regularly with sales office, manufacturing and external services
- Ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times
- Ensure that made products leaving the factory are correctly accounted for, are dispatched to the correct location and are packaged appropriately
- Flag up when orders may be late or incorrect
- Ensure raw materials and bought-in stock is accounted for properly
- Maintain an accurate account of small stores and identify when these or consumables need to be replaced/re-ordered
- Keep the work area clean, tidy and free from materials that are not required for the current or next job
- To assist with other tasks as requested by the relevant supervisor
- Liaising with the management team to ensure accuracy in the role at all times
- Raising any issues to improve SBMC in terms of Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction
- To comply with Quality Assurance requirements and recording procedures
- To liaise with supervision to ensure the job is done correctly at all times
· Strong attention to detail, can-do attitude
· Good overall IT confidence with understanding of MS Office Systems and
· Team player
· Self-motivated with good team ethics
· To attend work on time each day, and to observe all applied rules and regulations
· Carry out tasks to the best of your ability, and to an agreed level of performance
· To work with colleagues in a professional, positive and supporting way
· To take direction and guidance from your line manager as required
· To observe factory processes, guidelines and instructions, and become familiar with and adhere to all Health and Safety requirements, and the Safeguarding policy
- You may need Personal Protection Equipment, such as work clothing, safety boots and goggles, which will be provided by SBMC
- Working in a factory, potentially with low temperatures, dust, noise and mobile equipment as well as in adherence with all COVID 19 control measures
Skills & Experience Required:
- Willingness to learn, and help others
- Good IT Skills – familiarity with MS Office products, spreadsheets and use of email
- Numeracy – excellent
- Accuracy – ability to identify when things wrong/not compliant
- Worked in a logistic suppler type role previously
- Previous administration experience
- Accounting skills
- Experience of using MHE
- Use of hand tools
RBLI offer competitive holiday allowance, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date