This is a permanent contract based in Erskine, Scotland working 37 hours per week
Salary - £21,000 to £23,000
Main Purpose of Role
To effectively grow and develop the Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Co. business by generating new revenue from new and regular business prospects; identifying and selling opportunities; maintaining relationships with our clients. To provide accurate quotes for customers and to offer exceptional customer service.
Overview of role and Team
This position is a key role in the Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Co. team as it is focused on new business generation and customer account management for the division. Reporting to the Director of SBMC you will work closely with the Operations Manager. You will work well on your own initiative, with sound sales experience with a particular skill in closing new business opportunities and managing and developing these relationships into the long term. You will maintain professional and technical knowledge learning our systems, attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies. As a first point of contact with our clients you will be professional and customer focused at all times. A details person, ensuring that order processing with the ability to understand client’s quality requirement process and be responsible for customer satisfaction whilst working in a competitive team and adhering to customer protocols.
- Contribute to the setting of agreed sales budget for the defined territory and ensure a sales plan is in place to achieve the target.
- Achieve sales targets for the defined territory, winning and sustaining profitable, long term business and partnerships.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; advising on regulations the customer should adhere to.
- Record all sales prospects on the CRM system, update progress as they develop and complete all required administration processes promptly and accurately.
- Accurately produce quotes and sales orders within Factory Master.
- Ensure, in conjunction with appropriate colleagues, that all customer enquiries are effectively handled.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information.
- Contribute and prepare tenders, providing accurate and timely information.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Ensure that response and feedback given to each customer and is in line with the customer specific Service Level Agreement (if one should be agreed).
- Be primarily responsible for external contact with the defined customers/ prospective customers and key suppliers.
- Ensure the CRM system is updated with pertinent and relevant customer contact information on a daily basis and to proactively inform the SBMC Sales Administrator and the Director of SBMC of any urgent information related to key customers.
- To co-ordinate with the Sales administrator to deliver best service to customers and provide support where required.
- To effectively communicate with all Production areas within the Manufacturing operation any unusual customer demands and to seek authority from Operations Manager and/or the Director before agreeing those demands with the customer.
- Financial Management
- Comply with all Divisional financial administration procedures in accordance with Company Policy.
- To provide regular, accurate and timely expenses reports.
- Work within an agreed delegated authority regime for matters such as pricing, credit, customer requested stock-holding and related matters.
- General Duties
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements and other Company Policies and Procedures.
- Enhances staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes and mentoring team members.
- Take responsibility for personal development, identifying training needs and request appropriate training as required.
- Excellent sales order processing skills.
- Undertake any reasonable duty requested by the Director of SBMC provided that appropriate training and guidance has been given to ensure appropriate capability.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal with the ability to build effective relationships with people of all levels.
- Skilled and intelligent negotiator
- Passion for the sector
- Excellent attention to detail
- A confident, motivated and tenacious presenter with the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational, prioritization and workload management skills
- Ability to operate at all levels, including ‘C’ suite
- 5 years proven experience in a B2B new business sales role
- In-depth knowledge of the signage and print sales area from a commercial perspective
- Experience of selling to Public Sector
- Experience at securing long term sustainable contractual customers
- New business closer
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- IT literate in Microsoft applications
- Full driving license
- In-depth knowledge of the territory area from a commercial perspective
- Experience of working for a manufacturing business
- Print sales experience
- Commercial signs sales experience
- Fulfilment sales experience
- Marketing Services experience
- Procurement application knowledge
RBLI offer a competitive holiday allowance, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date